Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Technology

Technology basically grew up with me. When I was born I think the first computer came out and it was huge!! I don't think I had contact with a computer until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. However, color TV was of course everywhere at this time and cameras as well. I don't think digital cameras came out until around maybe the 6th grade but I know I didnt purchase one right away. The radio was also present and I remember it was very popular(more than today). I also remember my teachers using TV (like the news) and documentaries on VHS to show us important information.

In elementary school (although the computers were nothing like they are today) we still did things on there like type to learn and a bunch of educational stuff; just to try familiarize with computers. However, throughout the years technology has obviously gotten much better and faster!! Compared to the computers before and now, there are so many differences, like speed quality, memory space, and programs like windows and vista. The list goes on and on.

I also remember in Mr. Dave's class we worked on photoshopping teachers. It was actually really fun and we created some weird looking people. I also loved, back in my school in the states, making videos on windows media maker or whatever its called and we would go around campus during the period and film whatever our video was about. We did a day in the life of so and so. I believe my experience with technology in school was and is okay, maybe it could be practiced more but I honestly don't know exactly how. Maybe, just the basic of the internet, things we should know for internet usages and how to fix basic problems. As for using technology in other classes I think we should watch videos or anything that helps us remember information because honestly power points are not THAT helpful.

1 comment: